A1c Testing – Screening and Checking for Diabetes at Lemonaid Health
Lemonaid Health recently launched the A1c Blood Sugar Test service that allows Americans to get tested for diabetes or prediabetes with a simple non-fasting blood test, the HgbA1c or hemoglobin A1c. The test is done at your nearest Quest laboratory. Getting the blood test and doctor interpretation of the lab result can be done for less than $35. Health care built around your needs and your life.
- Simple and convenient.
- Set up an account on Lemonaid Health via our app or website. Answer some basic questions. Pay for the visit and lab fee.
- We order the lab electronically and notify you when completed so you can schedule an appointment or walk-in to your nearest Quest laboratory.
- Go get your blood drawn. No fasting needed!
- When we get the results, we message you securely and provide interpretation of the result.
- Results typically in 3 to 5 business days (if not sooner).
- No lab forms or papers to lose.
- No waiting for a letter in the mail or need to call a doctor by phone to get results.
- Messages to Lemonaid Health doctors are confidential, secure, and always available to you.
Did you know?
About 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes every year and about 7 million Americans have diabetes but don’t know it.
People who should consider being screened for diabetes include those who have:
- 40 years or older
- a family history of diabetes in a first degree relative
- a body mass index of 30 or more (obesity)
- ethnic background of African American, Hispanic, Native American, Asian American, and Pacific Islanders
- diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
- polycystic ovarian syndrome
- high blood pressure
- history of vascular disease
- high cholesterol (especially if triglycerides >250)
- prediabetes or high fasting blood sugar
Patients who have prediabetes can cut their risk in half of developing diabetes by attending in person or online programs recommended by the CDC’s National Diabetes Prevention Program. Find the nearest location here.
Currently the A1c testing service is available on the web (chrome browser works best), on iTunes, and Google play and only in the states of California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, and Washington. Other states and services coming soon.
Stay tuned! Feedback welcome.
Learn more by reading our FAQs on this service.